The Dukan diet is one of the best diets to lose weight fast but it is somewhat complex. We explain it so you can start losing weight today.
The Dukan diet for quick weight loss
The Dukan diet is probably the most famous diet in the world. The large number of celebrities, actresses and singers who follow it are just a sample of it. But what are its secrets? How to start losing weight with it? We are going to give you the answers.
Dr. Dukan's weight loss diet is a nutrition system, which proposes a diet rich in proteins and very poor in fats and carbohydrates, something like the basic (primitive) foods of the human species: proteins and vegetables.
This fast weight loss diet owes its name to Dr. Pierre Dukan, a French nutritionist, who wrote the book: "Je ne sais pas maigrir" (in Spain it is called: "I can't lose weight"). In this book, Dr. Dukan proposes a diet based on foods of animal and vegetable origin. It is the famous Dukan diet. Let's see it in detail.
The Dukan diet is divided into several phases (4) that must be followed carefully to get the best results and lose weight quickly. The problem of many people who claim not to lose weight with this diet is that you have to follow these four phases, one after the other, in order to lose weight.
Let's see then the 4 phases necessary to lose weight fast:
- Initial or attack phase (average duration 5 days): protein only.
- The first phase is very effective (never more than 10 days and without medical supervision), shock, and a very important weight and centimeter loss is achieved.
The following can be eaten:
- Veal and all poultry (except ducks and geese, and always without fat or skin).
- All fish and seafood (defatted).
- In addition: ham, eggs, skimmed milk (quarter of a liter per day) and low-fat dairy products.
- It is necessary to drink 1.5 liters of water per day to eliminate toxins, or any infusion: coffee, tea or mate.
- The consumption of carbohydrates (fruits, rice, bread, cereals) and lipids (oil, butter, fatty fish) is forbidden.
- Vegetable introduction phase (or 'cruise' phase)
The foods of the initial phase (pure proteins) can be eaten, and vegetables are added at the end. Ideally, one day of pure protein and another day of protein and vegetables.
This phase should be continued until the desired number of kilos is lost.
Vegetables that can be consumed: tomato, radish, eggplant, celery, mushrooms, peppers, spinach, endive, green beans, cabbage, zucchini, leeks, cucumber, etc. in salads of all kinds.
It is forbidden: potatoes, rice, peas, lentils, artichokes, corn and avocados.
Third phase: Consolidation. Return to a balanced diet
The consolidation phase lasts 10 days per kilo lost. Let's see, to make it clearer: If we have lost 10 kilos, it should be done for 100 days.
During this phase we add 2 slices of bread per day, 1 piece of fruit, cheese, 2 weekly starches, and 2 'gala' meals.
Stabilization phase: normal diet
This stage is mainly based on choosing one day a week as the protein day: that is, during that day only consume the foods of the first phase of the diet.
Dr. Dukan also advises to consume Oat Bran in all phases:
- Attack: 1 tablespoon and a half
- Cruise: 2
- Consolidation: 2 and a half (although in the book "I can't lose weight" it says 2, Dukan in some interviews says 2 and a half).
- Stabilization: 3
This fast weight loss diet should always be done under the supervision of our endocrinologist or nutritionist, because although it seems to be very effective (in terms of rapid weight loss), there are people who should not follow it, or do it with great caution (diabetics, people with high cholesterol), because in the first phase can increase cholesterol before the excessive consumption of protein.
In the following links you will find other quick weight loss diets that are also very effective and even simpler and easier to follow than the Dukan diet.